You are here
Health Coverage for All Texans: Advocacy Day 2017
Thanks to everyone who joined us in Austin for the Cover Texas Now Advocacy Day!
The 2017 Advocacy Day made the news! Read coverage below:
- Austin American-Statesman
- KEYE (CBS Austin)
- KUT (NPR Austin)
- KXAN (NBC Austin)
- Public News Service
- San Antonio Express-News
- Spectrum News Austin
- Texas Tribune
- Univision (ES)
Rally with health care supporters at the Texas Capitol on March 6th!
Archival event information below.
- UPDATE: Find the latest information about Advocacy day with our Cover Texas Now Facebook event.
- UPDATE: Our Advocacy Day Agenda is Now Online! Click here. Printable Flyer also available here.
- UPDATE: If you can't make it to Austin on March 6, but you'd still like to make an impact, please consider a $5 or $10 donation today.
In an unprecedented move, the Texas Senate's budget proposal would under-fund Medicaid by $1.9 billion. It would also make across-the-board cuts to health care and other critical services. We cannot let the Legislature cut health care for poor kids, pregnant women, people with disabilities, and seniors who rely on these services to stay healthy and to pull themselves out of poverty!
Join health care supporters from across the state on March 6th at 11:00 am at the Texas Capitol to protest these harmful cuts, and to visit legislative offices. We have to tell our elected leaders to:
- Defend the progress we've made under the Affordable Care Act;
- Protect Medicaid for low-income children, seniors, pregnant women, and Texans with disabilities; and
- Insist on expanding health coverage to the uninsured
If you can't make it to Austin on March 6, but you'd still like to make an impact, please consider a $5 or $10 donation today. Most of the folks coming to the Capitol are already sacrificing a lot to get to Austin. We are relying on people of generous spirit to help pay for the buses and meals to get them here. Any contribution is appreciated.